My first week as a college student


Do you remember back in the day? Not your childhood back in the day, but more like the mid to late 1800's and beyond. American History since 1865, taught by a Dr. Scherer, is the class that I am taking. While people might consider juggling two classes at one time, especially a college level class difficult, I have to juggle both College 101 and two college classes(American History and Intro to Philosophy). College Professors are more difficult, but can at be very good professors. They try to get you involved. My Introduction to Philosophy professor seems to like arguments for philosophical theories, but he also grades and teaches the class like a non-intro class. Which makes it difficult, because from other students views, an Into course and Philosophy was supposed to be easy. Now since I've been taking classes at UNO, it is not really my first week. This has allowed me, though, to learn more subjects and also allow me to juggle about three classes, while still being able to work out with my friends at the HPER building.

Study groups are given for American History class with other fellow Summer Scholars. This helps us with our studying and not getting to far behind. The conversations can sometimes be funny, but sometimes we have to focus if some of us are stuck on anything. I don't really know what else to say about study groups. The RTA and students are all great. Along with Study Groups, which run on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have College 101. This class runs every other day. It seems helpful, because it allows us to research for colleges, show us how to sign up for scholarships, and even help us make our resumes better.

College life, in general, is much more open. You can leave the campus whenever you want, eat anytime you want, and even walk out of class(for something important). The professor is not there to be your babysitter. Since this is the time you pay for your education, you should know that if you skip class or fail at it, it is your money. The parking is a pain, since almost all the parking lots are full. I, fortunately, had the opportunity to join a program called "UNO/OPS Program" during the second quarter of my Junior year. This allowed me to be on campus during my school year and take courses, all paid for. Summer Scholars, has helped me better prepare myself for college, because I rarely studied for my World Civilization class, and I did not have a study group. Everything was on my own, but with the help of fellow classmates, it will allow me to know a better method of studying and let me use classmates to help study.

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
3 Responses
  1. Very informational blog!! I am very interested in printing and I really liked this. I wanted to give a huge thumbs up for the great information posted on the blog.
    Raiders logo vector  

  2. Very informative blog. Keep up with good work.
    All over print shirts

  3. After studying a few of the blog posts on your website now, I truly like your way of blogging. I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
    Air Conditioning Sydney

Leave a Reply